Common name: Skeleton flower
Diphylleia grayi is an herbaceous perennial native to Japan and growing in the Japanese Garden. It flowers in May. When wet, the blooms turn translucent. Later in the season it sports bright blue berries.
- Berry photos by Hughie Jones
- Plant in flower, dark green leaves: Taken at VanDusen by James Steakley, via Wikimedia Commons
- Emerging plant - photo by Leaf bud: Alpsdake, via Wikimedia Commons
- Transparent flower from bored panda.com
- Other photos taken in the Garden